Pages

Sunday 24 February 2013

To the three girls who have shown me nothing but support.

At the age of twenty-three, I've finally found what I want to do with my life. I've always wanted to be a writer, even as a small child. All I wanted was to see one of my books in a public library next to Dr. Suess'. I see now that it's my time to shine. It's time for people to hear the stories I have to share.

I've written poetry for most of my teen years. For me, it was just a way to get unwanted thoughts and emotions out of my head, and heart. I was told that my poetry was really good. Pure emotion in the form of words.

For the past two years I've tried so many times to get a story/novel started. I would have a slight storyline and a few characters, but I always scrapped the ideas, because I never liked them. It wasn't until I was thinking of death. Not killing myself, just death in general. That's when Lady Death came and told me the story of Ethan Cameron.

I was on twitter talking to all of these writers and authors, they were all on their way of finishing stories and I was just one the 'fans' that had the opportunity to be a part of their conversations.

Rachel. The woman behind me actually sitting down and getting any writing done. She basically yelled at me to get my story started. She was the first person that I sent GM outline to, it was the hardest thing I ever had to do, because it made it real.

Christina. She has been nothing but kind words. After talking to her for a short time, I felt comfortable enough to share my story with her. And since, she has been nothing but support. She now yells at me to get writing done.

Dani. There wasn't much interaction between the two of us before I sent her my story, but she has shown so much support right from the beginning. And that I am grateful for!

The thing is, I got the same response from all three of them. Tear shed. And them telling me that they want more of my story. NOW!

I always hear that you need to write your story for yourself, no one else. I am writing my story for me, but I'm also writing it for the three of them. When you open a book, you see that the author has dedicated it to a special someone. The GM series will be dedicated to them.

Thank you for being there to hear my story. Thank you for putting up with me, and THANK YOU for being my support. It's because you that I'm now following my dreams.

-Christopher Chapman

 I love you girls!

1 comment:

  1. You totally just made me cry! I'm glad that I'm able to be there for you and show you support. Don't ever let anyone tell you that it's not good enough, because it is. In more ways than one. Keep that same attitude of writing for YOU, it's your story, don't ever let anyone influence you because in the end, if you're happy then that's all that matters. This book is going to be amazing, I know it, so keep pushing forward and I'm always here if you need anything!

    ReplyDelete