Pages

Thursday 14 February 2013

Finally getting into the groove.

It may have taken a whole lot longer than what I wanted, but the past few days I've really gotten into the groove of this whole writing deal.  A friend on twitter @TheDarkerFun wanted me to do this Flash Fiction to help get me out of my block. And what did I do, I went to the blog that was hosting it, saw the picture it was on and a ton of stories started to race through my head.
     It is really the first time that anything like this has ever happened to me. To have all of these stories run through my head. I've only had the one story that I work on go through there, at one time. But this picture was a simple picture of an empty chair, and a crowd of people blurred in the back round, and it actually gave me a kick in the ass. After seeing the picture I opened up my word doc. and started typing. Something I've also never done. I normally start all of my stories long hand and then edit while typing them up. But I got into this flash fiction and emailed it away before I could even edit it, because if I didn't send it away I wouldn't have sent it at all.
  But now, all i want to do is sit down and do some writing. So for the month of February I have two more Flash Fiction stories that I am currently in the process of writing, and I hope more come my way.

If you're not writing, you're not really living now are you?

No comments:

Post a Comment