Pages

Tuesday 19 February 2013

Needing to change a few things around.

I don't know what it is, but every time I sit in front of the computer I'm here to get some writing done. But then Twitter and Facebook makes their way to my screen and I don't get around to the writing. So that needs to change. I may just have to go back to writing everything long hand. I may also have to keep the computer and cell phone turned off while I do my writing, that way I'm not distracted.
  To be honest, I don't know how people do it. I don't know how they can sit there with a computer and not do all the social media while working on their novel/short/poem. I for one can not do it and my writing has been given the shitty end of the stick. I want to be a writer. I've wanted to be a writer for as long as I can remember, and I guess I have to take extreme measures to get there. So here it goes. Starting tomorrow I'm putting two hours away for writing and writing alone. I know that it's not a whole lot of time, but it's just a start. I also know that I can get five hundred words per half an hour, so in those two hours I put aside, I should come out with close to two thousand words.

 Just a short little post, because I needed to do something productive, even if it was just coming to the realization that I'm too easily distracted.

No comments:

Post a Comment